BLAST Premier Spring Finals 2023 is here, the first BLAST-hosted tournament after the Major in Paris. This time the tournament will be played in NA, in Washington DC. With only 8 teams participating, this tournament will be a little shorter than others, but it will be really exciting to follow. Let’s go deeper into it!
How is the format on the BLAST Spring Finals 2023?
- On Group Stage: Double elimination Bo3, with the winners advance to the semi-finals, while the 2nd and 3rd placed teams in each group proceed to the quarter-finals.
- Playoffs are single-elimination Bo3.
We have 8 teams from different regions:
What teams are participating?
- Vitality – Qualified via Spring groups
- Heroic – Qualified via Spring groups (Runner-up)
- FaZe – Qualified via Spring groups
- G2 – Qualified via Spring groups
- Cloud9 – Qualified via Spring Showdown Europe
- Astralis – Qualified via Spring Showdown Europe
- Complexity – Replacement team
- Imperial – Qualified via Spring Showdown America
Scheduled games for today
Today we have 4 games on Bo3 format:
We have seen most of the teams on recent events showing a good form, so these are my prediction for today games:
- Vitality will win against Imperial. This is basically a no-brainer, Vitality performed amazingly in the Major and they are currently the #1 team in the world, the team comes fresh after a well deserved time off. They are the big favorites to win the game.
- G2 will win against C9. The Russian roster has been showing inconsistencies on their gameplay, while G2 has been doing good, they might not be at their best level but I think they might be able to take over C9.
- Heroic will have an easy game against Complexity. Is nothing new that the Danes have been constantly one of the best teams in the world consistently for a while now… Therefore, I don’t think that Complexity can even take a map.
- I’m a believer, and I think Astralis can beat FaZe. The Danes have been performing well, and if they play a good veto game and if they fixed the errors they had, I see a world where they can beat FaZe 2-1. Everyone would say that this will be a game for FaZe, and I would think the same too, but with the recent form of dev1ce, the team just requires a little more to start winning games.
Where to watch the games
You can see all the games in the following sites: