On November of 2022, I had the pleasure to interview a Portuguese young prodigy on VALORANT. By the time, Tomás “tomaszy” Machado was playing for the F/A project of Arroz and was only 17 years young. In this interview we talked around 1 hour, and he told me about his past, his career, and how is the life of a professional esports athlete.
Some of the things we talked about
- How did he got into gaming?
- How was the transition from casual to professional gaming?
- Was this his dream or it was something that happened suddenly?
- Did his family supported him?
- How did his family thought on professional esports athletes.
- How is a day on the life of a young professional esports athlete that goes to school and compete at the same time.
- His path through Rebels Gaming.
The 54 minutes interview ended up being really interesting, and I recommend you that if you are interested in becoming a professional player and you’re young, take a look to it. If you’re interested in how is a day in the life of an upcoming
What have happened after this interview?
Five months have passed since this interview took place, and the career of Tomaszy has been doing nothing that getting better. He got signed by SAW, one of the most prestigious esports organizations in Portugal, to compete in the Challengers League Portugal Tempest, where SAW stands at the top of the table.
After a great season with SAW in the Challengers League Portugal Tempest, Tomás “tomaszy” Machado was contacted by KarmineCorp to join their VCT team, and now he is competing at the highest level.